19 August 2010

Candidate statement: Peter Chin

Candidate statement: Peter Chin

I have represented Dunedin as Mayor for the last six years and am seeking re-election to the position. I am proud of the achievements Dunedin has made during my terms. There have been issues that have polarised the community, indeed divided the Council, but the job of the Mayor is to provide leadership and achieve consensus on even the most challenging fronts.

Over this last term I have worked hard with Council to determine the future of projects that can, and will, impact upon our city and our quality of life.  I have also striven to represent Dunedin with pride and dignity.

As mayor in the next term, my priorities will include continuing my work as an advocate for education providers in Dunedin, developing our relationships with China in order to reap economic rewards and ensuring the stadium is completed on time, on budget and fit for purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment